IMPORTANT VOLUNTARY SAFETY RECALL NOTICE:
SELECT EXTECH DIGITAL CLAMP METERS AND MULTIMETERS
Dear Valued Extech Customer:
Extech is recalling selected EX612, EX613, EX622, EX623 digital clamp meters, as well as EX540, EX542 and EX570 multimeters. We are working together with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, Health Canada, ESA, and other national agencies to recall these products and replace them promptly so you may resume your work as soon as possible.
Please check the chart below immediately to see if your instrument has a model number and serial number affected by this recall. Use the product images to see where to look for the model (part) number and the serial number.
|Affected Clamp Meter Models||Serial Numbers Affected||Serial Numbers NOT affected|
|EX612, EX613, EX622, EX623||08XXXXXXX – 10XXXXXXX||AXXXXXXXX|
|Affected Multimeter Models||Serial Numbers Affected||Serial Numbers NOT affected|
|EX540, EX542, EX570||09XXXXXX – 10XXXXXX||AXXXXXXXX|
|These were manufactured and sold between February 1, 2008 and November 8, 2010.|
If you currently own or use one of the models listed above, please stop using it immediately.
Please send the product to Extech in order that we may promptly replace and return your product.
If you no longer own this product, please share this announcement with the current owner or user, if applicable. Please also share this announcement with all coworkers or company personnel who may be using one of these.
Why is there a recall?
After extensive quality testing, Extech found that in the case of an extremely weakened battery condition, these instruments may display a zero or very low voltage reading while a user is testing a live circuit with unsafe voltage. As a result, the user may be exposed to a potential electrocution hazard if he or she contacts an energized circuit based on an inaccurate reading from the meter. No injuries have been reported to date from the use of the recalled products.
- Please stop using your clamp meter or multimeter even if you have not experienced any issues.
- Please check the model number on the front of your product and the serial number on the rear and then consult the chart above to confirm your instrument is affected.
- Please contact us to learn how you may return your unit at no charge for replacement.
- Web: Use our online Recall Submission Form for immediate processing of your recall request, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Phone: Please call our special recall hotline by dialing toll-free 1-855-2 EXTECH (1-855-239-8324) between 8.30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern US time, Monday through Friday.
- Email: You may also email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include contact information, postal and email addresses, and model and serial numbers. We will reply to your email within one business day.
Extech's number one concern is the safety of you, our customers. The goal of this voluntary recall is to be proactive in replacing these instruments so you can get back to your work with full confidence in our products.
You will receive a new clamp meter or multimeter within 7-10 working days.
In light of this recall, your meter's warranty period will restart beginning on the day you receive your replacement meter (1 year for EX6XX; 3 years for EX5XX).
We recognize that this may cause some inconvenience to you, our customers. On behalf of Extech Instruments, please accept our sincere apologies as we work to quickly resolve this issue for you.
Download recall poster.